January is World Conscious Consuming Month. Whereas a devoted month is a good way to name consideration to this particular sort of mindfulness apply, the truth is that conscious consuming has advantages one year a 12 months.
I simply completed creating an Audible Unique course on conscious consuming (by way of Wondrium, previously generally known as The Nice Programs), which I’m enthusiastic about. I’m additionally enthusiastic about re-sharing a conscious consuming weblog sequence I wrote in 2019, which looks like an alternate lifetime in the past.
- The true advantages of conscious consuming. On this, the primary in a five-part sequence on mindfulness and conscious consuming, I’ll discuss concerning the true conscious consuming advantages, which frequently aren’t apparent.
- What’s mindfulness, and the way can it profit you? It’s not possible to speak about conscious consuming with out speaking about mindfulness itself, so on this publish I offer you an summary of what mindfulness is, and what it might probably do.
- Conscious consuming suggestions: methods for actual life. The distinction between conscious and senseless consuming, plus two conscious consuming practices (one full, one mini) and extra conscious consuming sources.
- Getting began with mindfulness meditation. On this publish, I offer you some suggestions and instruments to start out practising mindfulness meditation by yourself, or with some steerage.
- Conscious consuming definition: Questions and Solutions. I take a stab at answering some widespread questions I get about conscious consuming, together with the way it differs from intuitive consuming.
To proceed the conscious consuming prepare, subsequent week I’ll write a couple of topic that’s been bouncing round my mind for some time: Why conscious consuming isn’t the identical as “cautious” consuming.
Carrie Dennett, MPH, RDN, is a Pacific Northwest-based registered dietitian nutritionist, freelance author, intuitive consuming counselor, creator, and speaker. Her superpowers embody busting diet myths and empowering girls to really feel higher of their our bodies and make meals decisions that help pleasure, diet and well being. This publish is for informational functions solely and doesn’t represent individualized diet or medical recommendation.
Searching for 1-on-1 diet counseling? Carrie provides a 6-month Meals & Physique program (intuitive consuming, physique picture, mindfulness, self-compassion) and a 4-month IBS administration program (low-FODMAP weight loss plan teaching with an emphasis on growing meals freedom). Go to the hyperlinks to study extra and ebook a free intro name to see if this system is an efficient match, and if we’re a great match!