Candy bursts of cool citrus and wealthy buttery taste in these key lime cookies make them such a enjoyable shock!
Love key lime pie? I guess you’ll love these little key lime tea cookies, too!
They’re the right deal with for St. Patrick’s Day, Cinco de Mayo, and past!
Do you ever keep away from attempting new meals since you’re satisfied it’s one thing you gained’t take pleasure in?
As an grownup, I can work previous my preconceived notions about flavors I feel I ought to keep away from… however children are a distinct story! That’s what occurred with these little key lime cookies.
Once I first instructed the ladies I used to be engaged on a recipe for lime cookies, they weren’t satisfied! Doubtful seems to be shot across the kitchen earlier than I satisfied them to provide them a attempt.
Nicely, I feel the lovable form and piped dab of frosting helped! After a single chunk of this candy citrusy goodness, I undoubtedly have them on board.
In truth, I really like lemon and lime every part. In the event you do too, I feel you’ll love my do-it-yourself lime sorbet, and these lime popsicle margaritas. Summer time taste simply bought a complete lot sweeter… and I’m transporting you straight to Key West with these tiny little cookies!
I like to think about them as lime meltaways, or key lime tea cookies… an sudden tiny candy deal with that’s good for popping in your mouth for spring and summer season celebrations!
In the event you’re making these for St. Patrick’s Day, don’t skip my Fortunate Allure Treats, too!
Why You’ll Love these Key Lime Cookies
- These cookies are gentle and buttery, completely sweetened with the zest and juice of limes.
- Minimal Elements
- Nice for therefore many Events
- Completely Citrusy
“These simply screamed summer season to me and they didn’t disappoint! THANK YOU! Will probably be making them once more!”
Elements and Substitutions
- All-Function Flour – All-purpose flour is the most typical for baking as a result of it combines onerous and delicate wheats and works fantastically in most recipes (additionally known as plain flour in different cultures!).
- Butter – Room temperature, in fact. Whereas many bakers want unsalted butter, we like our baked items with a little bit larger candy and salty ratio. I usually have salted butter available, however you should utilize no matter you’d like! Nevertheless, there’s no added salt on this recipe so if you happen to’re not utilizing salted butter, you would possibly throw a pinch of salt within the bowl!
- Cornstarch – Used as a thickening agent in baking, cornstarch works wonders in cookie recipes! It provides a creamy, lighter texture on this recipe.
- Powdered Sugar – This tremendous, candy sugar is what makes these little meltaway-inspired lime cookies so candy and creamy.
- Lime Juice – You should use key lime juice or common limes. I’ll talk about that extra under!
- Grated Lime Zest – Any type of lime will do!
- Powdered Sugar – additionally known as confectioner’s sugar, this tremendous, powdery sugar is a necessity in most frosting recipes!
- Butter – Once more, room temperature and I want salted however you should utilize no matter you’ve available.
- Lime Juice – Common limes or key limes, your name. I’ll present you how you can calculate the totally different quantities under.
- Grated Lime Zest – Only a contact of lime zest provides a lot texture and candy citrus taste!
The way to Make
- Preheat oven to 350 levels.
- As your oven is preheating, zest and simply your limes.
- Mix butter and sugars and all different cookie substances in a big bowl or fitted stand mixer.
- Beat at a low velocity to mix, scraping the aspect as wanted.
- Chill dough in flat disk form, rolled between sheets of parchment or wax paper (as pictured) for 1-2 hours till agency.
- Roll dough on a floured floor and reduce into desired shapes. For the cookie cutter form pictured, I used this cookie cutter. Ours had been round ¼ of an inch thick, however you might depart them as much as ½ an inch thick relying on desired thickness.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets (I all the time line with a silpat or parchment paper).
- Bake for 8 minutes (7-8 minutes tops if you happen to’re making them as tiny as we did… you would possibly must go a contact longer for bigger or thicker cookies.) Simply watch your oven time fastidiously – cookies gained’t brown on the right baking time!
- Enable them to chill utterly.
- As cookies are cooling, make your scrumptious lime frosting! Mix all substances in a medium bowl. Beat at a medium velocity in your stand mixer till mixed.
- Utilizing a frosting tip or perhaps a plastic bag, pipe a dab of frosting onto every cookie and revel in!
- Room temperature butter is crucial! In the event you don’t have a elaborate frosting tip, that’s okay – simply clip the top of a ziplock bag for equally scrumptious outcomes.
- Bake Time Will Differ – You’ll need to regulate your bake time based mostly on how thick your cookies are and the dimensions of your cookie cutters. They’re prepared when they’re set (no moisture look within the center) and barely brown.
- Chill Dough – It’s important to sit back the dough earlier than reducing and baking the cookies. It will assist to stop unfold and the dough can be simpler to roll out.
- Use a Frosting Tip (or perhaps a ziploc bag!) – This makes them oh so cute, with none particular expertise! To make use of a ziploc bag, merely reduce the nook off at an angle, fill the bag, take away air and seal. Squeeze to frost.
- Bake the cookies on a parchment or silpat lined cookie sheet.
Ceaselessly Requested Questions
Each varieties of limes provide comparable well being advantages. They’re each nice sources of Vitamin A, B, C and D, identical to lemons!
Sure, they’re a contact much less acidic, which signifies that general they’ve a little bit extra sweetness.
What’s the Distinction Between Key Limes and Common Limes?
Usually talking, key limes are rather less tart and acidic, making them a little bit sweeter. As key limes ripen, they usually have a barely sweeter taste than common limes.
Except your style buds are very refined, you may not discover a lot distinction in any respect! (Don’t say that to anybody from Key West, although!)
You should use both type of lime juice and zest for this lime cookie recipe. Simply know that the flavour is likely to be a contact totally different – if you happen to use common limes, these cookies could have a contact stronger lime flavoring. Which means they are going to be a little bit extra acidic.
No matter what sort of limes you employ, I promise you that these cookies are scrumptious! The sweetness of the powdered sugar and the creamy butter will stability all of the lime taste, it doesn’t matter what sort you employ.
The way to Retailer
- Room Temperature – You can also make the cookies forward of time and retailer them in an hermetic container for two or 3 days at room temperature.
- Fridge – If in case you have additional, the frosting will hold coated within the fridge for 4 to five days. Identical goes for the cookies!
- To Freeze – Unfrosted lemon cookies hold effectively frozen for as much as 3 months in an hermetic container. I like to put them in a freezer bag, adopted by an hermetic container so freezer odors don’t seep in.
- To make Gluten Free, use a 1:1 gluten free flour and cornstarch.
- Nut Free
What do you assume? May you discover one million methods to serve up these cute little key lime cookies? They’re like key lime pie in a bit-sized cookie format… how are you going to go improper?
Stop your display from going darkish
Preheat oven to 350°F.
As your oven is preheating, zest and simply your limes.
Mix butter and sugars and all different cookie substances in a big bowl or fitted stand mixer.
Beat at a low velocity to mix, scraping the aspect as wanted.
Chill dough in flat disk form, rolled between sheets of parchment or wax paper (as pictured) for 1-2 hours till agency.
Roll dough on a floured floor and reduce into desired shapes. For the cookie cutter form pictured, I used this cookie cutter. Ours had been round ¼ of an inch thick, however you might depart them as much as ½ an inch thick relying on desired thickness.
Place on ungreased baking sheets (I all the time line with a silpat or parchment paper).
Bake for as much as 8 minutes – see notes under on baking occasions.
Enable them to chill utterly.
As cookies are cooling, make your scrumptious lime frosting! Mix all substances in a medium bowl.
Beat at a medium velocity in your stand mixer till mixed.
Utilizing a frosting tip or perhaps a plastic bag, pipe a dab of frosting onto every cookie and revel in!
- Bake for 7-8 minutes tops if you happen to’re making them as tiny as they’re pictured in these photos… you would possibly must go a contact longer for bigger or thicker cookies.
- Simply watch your oven time fastidiously – cookies gained’t be brown on the right baking time!
- Use a frosting tip or perhaps a ziploc bag with the nook reduce off for frosting these easy cookies.
Energy: 309kcal (15%), Carbohydrates: 33g (11%), Protein: 2g (4%), Fats: 19g (29%), Saturated Fats: 12g (60%), Ldl cholesterol: 51mg (17%), Sodium: 170mg (7%), Potassium: 17mg, Fiber: 1g (4%), Sugar: 18g (20%), Vitamin A: 591IU (12%), Vitamin C: 1mg (1%), Calcium: 8mg (1%), Iron: 1mg (6%)
Estimated diet info is offered as a courtesy and isn’t assured.